FIBREWORKS 2020 CALL FOR ENTRY
A biennial juried exhibition of Canadian fibre art
Exhibition: April 17 - June 27, 2020
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Spring 2020 marks the 18th edition of Fibreworks, a popular biennial juried exhibition of contemporary Canadian fibre art. It is a showcase of the most current and versatile approaches to fibre as a medium. This exhibition is one of the key group shows in Canada and serves as a survey of the artists currently working in the medium. As many as 20 artists participate in the exhibition. The Fibreworks 2020 exhibition will take place at the Queen's Square Gallery from April 17 - June 27, 2020.
Cambridge Art Galleries is looking for Canadian artists working in the fibre medium. Eligible works include any artwork were fibre or textiles is the principle medium.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Open to all Canadian artists. Limit of 3 entries per artist. Deadline for entry is: Wednesday, January 15, 2020.
2. Eligible works include any artwork where fibre or textile is the principle element.
3. All works must have been completed by the artist within the last two years. All works must be ready to install and available to ship within Canada.
4. Each entry may be represented by up to 3 images including details. Each image must be numbered and include the name of the artist and title of each artwork.
5. Please note, all submitted information should be in digital format (Word and PDF documents accepted). Include a brief statement (150 words max.) describing each submitted artwork and a 1 page CV.
6. Final selections will be made at the discretion of the jurors. All decisions are final. Selected artists will be notified by February 21, 2020.
7. Finalists will receive an artist fee (based on CARFAC rates). Shipping costs will be covered by the gallery.
For more info contact Karly Boileau: email@example.com